All of us try besan dhokla regularly, but have we noticed the Indian shops sell white dhokla too, that is also super soft (has a softer texture than besan dhokla). This recipe is a microwave rava dhokla recipe, takes less time and worth every effort.
- 1 cup rava (sooji)
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp soda (I generally prefer soda over eno powder)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar (lemon juice and sugar quantity depends on your taste)
- 2-3 long cut green chillies
- Salt as per taste (carefully add as we have added in dhokla batter too)
- Cut Coriander leaves for flavour
- 4 tbsp water
- Grated coconut as per taste
- Soak 1 cup rava (sooji) in 1/2 cup yoghurt and 1/2 cup water for 20-30 min.
- Add 1/2 tsp soda and stir nicely.
- Grease a microwave dish and pour the rava dhokla batter in the dish, it should be covered partially while we microwave.
- Microwave for 4-5 min, check using a fork/knife. If it comes clean and nice, means it’s cooked properly, otherwise keep it again for 30 sec.
- After it cools, cut it into pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves.
- After spluttering, add salt, sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Add to the cut pieces of dhokla. Let the water rest for 10-15 min.
- It’s ready to be served.